Monday 18 May 2009

The fine line between warm and cool




It never ceases to amaze me as I'm trekking around town in the day, how many people are taking full advantage of half an hour of sun and have no visible coat, scarf , anything...




When I leave for work in the morning it's by and large freezing, and with the unpredictable May weather, how can you punt on no sleeves etc that early on?


Although I'm a wuss who would prefer a huge pashmina at all times, I have to bow to the seasonal changes eventually. This is the season when the mini scarf comes into its own. You can tuck it into a jacket in the morning for snuggly pashmina warmth, and fold it to the size of a cigarette packet to stow in your bag later in the day. My current favourite is the Burgundy to Browns 4 colour shaded scarf on our Men's page (yes I know, but they are pretty unisex). http://www.pashminasdirect.co.uk/Details.asp?ProductID=106

and for variation and to go with the check trend, the occasional foray into houndstooth.


So I can heartily recommend the smallest size of scarf for the cold blooded out there.
And at least you don't look like a freak amongst all the early season flip-flop and sun dress brigade.

No comments:

Post a Comment